Chances are, you don’t. Many Salesforce OPPs are just a wish-list of what the salesperson hopes will close. If all you have is a report that gets sent to you for weekly review, then you need to break away from that stale report, and consider this little App! As a wise plumber once said to me, “the last thing you want is a stale pipe, Graham”.
So – how do you stay ‘on the ball’ and ensure that your/your teams Salesforce OPPs are continually moving in the right direction ? Well, we came across this little FREE app the other day. It’s really cool – it sends an alert when an Opportunity is stuck.
It is designed to alert you whenever an Opp’s stage remains at a particular value for too long a time. For instance, if the Stage is in “Negotiation” beyond 3 days, you will receive an alert prompting you to take action.
- Alerts can be sent to Users or Groups or the Opp record owner
- Alerts can be sent as either a Task or through Chatter
- It can also prompt the sales manager
- Different timeout periods for each stage – so its not rigid in its approach
- Alerts will be generated every morning. Just what you need first thing in the morning !
You can get it installed into your instance here or you can just ask your RMS account manager to organise it. Did I mention it’s free..?