Marketo has announced its first release for the year 2017. A new season release is on its way [WINTER]. For last seasons’ commentary, click here.
Marketo’s latest release brings some new features and enhancements – all scheduled at a browser near you on 3rd March, 2017…
For all our Marketo clients, here RMS shares our 2-cents worth on what is truly beneficial along with other minor enhancements.
Marketo’s Latest Release
- Advanced Matching for Facebook Custom Audiences – Presently, basic matching uses email addresses only, but new Advanced Matching will use an additional seven fields, increasing the match rate for more conversion. [RMS: This makes sense – and Marketo are getting pretty cuddly with Facebook we’ve noticed. Basically, the Facebook advertising through AdBridge wasn’t working superbly well because a low %age of people use the same email for work and Facebook. Now that’ll rise from [approx 10%-30% to a much higher %age]. As far as we can tell, this puts Marketo well in the lead with such actions with the Social platforms]
- Custom Object Import API – This API provides a faster interface to synchronize custom objects into Marketo. You can import CSV, TSV, or SSV spreadsheet files into Marketo as custom objects. [RMS: Beneficial for businesses need custom object in their instance].
- Web Personalisation Campaigns Export – Export all of your web campaign details and analytics in a CSV format. You then can view your data in a convenient layout. [RMS: Refine web campaign reports offline, customise as you want. Applicable to users activated with Web Personalisation tile.]
- Localization – The Web Personalisation, Predictive Content, and Email Insights apps are now available in Japanese, German, and Spanish. You select your language and locale to view your content in these languages. [RMS: Now businesses locale to these languages can take advantage of these features of Marketo too. Target your website visitor with the localised content relevant to their stage in the buying cycle. What’s Spanish for “Hurrah!?”]
Account Based Marketing Enhancements
- Import Named Accounts – With the Named Account Import option, create or update multiple records at once via CSV upload. [RMS: ABM is a good direction for RMS clients who might be building a profile to target large accounts, this enhancement will be of use if you purchase list of Accounts from a list provider, or if your named accounts exist in any other system such as excel]
- Email Insights Support – Use Named Account or Account List as dimensions in Email Insights. [RMS: Capability to see performance of only emails targeted to specific list of Accounts or Named Accounts]
Predictive Content Enhancements
- Filter by Enabled Source – Filter Predictive Content pieces that are enabled for Email, Rich Media, or the Recommendation Bar. [RMS: Along with the category, content can be filtered based on source].
- Filter Analytics by Source – Filter Predictive Content analytics for specific sources — Email, Rich Media, or Recommendation Bar. [RMS: Now not only can you see performance of your predictive content in the selected date range but also on each source. Nice].
- Predictive Content Editor – There’s an improved editing experience and layout that splits content preparation by source — Email, Rich Media, or Recommendation Bar. [RMS: Cool]
- Auto-Discovery Content for Predictive – Image URL and metadata are now used in the content auto-discovery process.[RMS: Optimised content search will increase the probability of your existing content will be searched]
Mobile Marketing Enhancements
- SDK Enhancements – Developers now have additional control over the delivery of Push Notifications with the addition of a new SDK API call that allows developers to remove push tokens.[RMS: Good news for developers!]
- New Vibes Filter – Introducing a new filter option, “Member of Vibes List,” for sms [RMS: irrelevant for Australian users – vibes is a USA SMS provider. RMS’s is better, Check RMS SMS service here.]
Legacy Rich Text Editor and Form Editor 1.0 Deprecation
Starting August 1, 2017, customers still using the legacy Rich Text Editor and Form Editor 1.0 will be automatically transitioned to the new experience. See this Marketo article for details.
So, are you maximising your Marketo investment? By keeping on top of these ongoing features will ensure you get the most out of your Marketo instance….and RMS is always here to help!